Thank you for stopping by my blog. Consider this as a scenic stop in your travel on the highway of life. You will read some fresh food for thought, see ordinary things pictured at a different angle, and perhaps leave with some ideas or inspiration stamped with my own brand of humour and insight.

"Come as strangers and leave as friends." - anonymous

About Me

My photo
Why should you go with MoGo? I am your ordinary mom,next door neighbor,co-worker, subway buddy, blogger friend. Join me as I share my tips and feedback on an ordinary life in these extraordinary times.I can be your voice or the trigger that makes you find your own voice. Come join me and find out. What are you waiting for? Let's go!

Friday, July 19, 2013

Let's Go For a Walk!

This week, I decided to stay true to my resolution and walk from work (Yonge & Gerrard) to Yonge and Bloor. It's already mid-July and about time to make this happen.

So Monday afternoon, I began my walk for exercise. The following are my posts on Facebook.

Day 1 - Will walk to Yonge- Bloor after work for exercise. Today took 20 minutes because my legs hurt from gardening this weekend. Hopefully I will walk faster in a few weeks.

I usually see this double-decker tour bus when I leave promptly at 5:00 pm.
  Day 2 - 20 minutes walk again to Yonge & Bloor. Note to self: remember to bring the water bottle! It was a humid and sticky day but the street was alive with people enjoying the sun.

 Day 3 - Extreme Heat alert yesterday. Was down with a migraine and stayed home.

Day 4 - Back on the street. Things of interest: 1very big black service dog in training making friends with a woman; 2 street people trying to cool off by just sitting and chillin' on the curb and 6 young women spreading the word about Because I Am A Girl in the hot weather. Shaved 2 minutes off my time today, only took 18 minutes despite heat and waiting for crossing lights to turn green!


Street sign only on Wellesley and Yonge.
 Day 5 - TGIF! Left the office on the dot as the news said it was going to rain. Walked briskly but stopped to take some random photos (to be downloaded later). Even saw a pair of shoes abandoned on the street! Someone must have wanted to air their tootsies! Walk took 19 minutes today. Happy weekend!

No comments: